Wednesday, February 5, 2014

An Alice in Wonderland altered spool by Kathi, and a masquerade mask by Melissa

We have two fun projects to share today, first up is Kathi.

Hi everyone, Kathi here with an altered spool in an Alice in Wonderland theme.  I covered the spool with Graphic 45 paper, and fussy cut several elements out of the paper line to use as embellishments.  I hung tear drop beads from the top and side of the spool which I colored with alcohol ink.  One of our new string-a-longs (this one in the tea theme) hangs from the right side.  Alice is looking through the keyhole.  I used Stickles on her hair and the broom as well as glossy accents.  





I added two quotes to the project.  One was placed on the Mad Hatters hat, and one in front of the pocket watch.  One says "I'm late, I'm late, for an important date", and "We're all mad here, I'm mad, you're mad".  Behind the rabbit and weathered clock is a cardstock doily.





I created the Mad Hatters hat from cardstock and chipboard.  I covered the hat with fabric, trims and flowers, and I draped charms from a chain on the opposite side of the flowers.  I hope you liked my project today, thanks for stopping by and be sure to visit Gina's Store where new products are always being added.

Supplies Used: Gina’s Designs:
Cardstock Doily Set Steampunk


Next up is Melissa with some Mardi Gras themed fun.  The chipboard masks are available in our store in several styles.  Watch to see what each of our Design team members do with the masks all throughout this month.


Hi, Melissa here with a mask by Gina's Designs.  I painted it with gesso, then metallic blue acrylic. I applied clear gel medium using a piece of lace as a stencil, followed by Twinkling H20s . After that I applied the crystals. The flatback diamond colored ones , and the bicones, are Swarovski.   To highlight the texture of the gel, I brushed on some gold DecoColor  paint.  The flower was made by dipping white paper flowers in Dylusions ink and water. I painted the flourishes in front of the ostrich feathers with gesso, acrylic paint, then crackle.
I tinted the lace by immersing it in Dylusions ink and water.




From Gina's Designs:

Other Products:
Liquitex Gloss Gel
Sparkling H20s
Prima flowers
Tim Holtz Clear Distress Crackle Paint
Dylusions Ink Sprays




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...