Monday, February 10, 2014

A Mardi Gras Mask and a Home Decor Project

We have two gorgeous projects to share today.  Up first is Shanna with an amazing fairy shrine.

Hey everyone. Shanna here sharing a home decor project using the House Shrine Box. Let me say so much fun. I will admit filling it was a little hard as my selection of fairy garden goodies at craft stores is a little slim. I couldn't find mushrooms and thought to make some but life has a way of off-setting your personal agenda. 

I did happen to have a stash of teeny tiny flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a fairy house wouldn't be complete without fairies!


I went with the Prima line Fairybelle. I cut some fairies and then used the papers to cover the box.


Inside you can see my stash of flowers and glitter and I added some gears in there too just to have more on the ground. 


On the top of the house I used a Martha Stewart border punch to add some fancy to the roof and then went to town with some moss. I figured fairies are outside creatures so why not add a dragonfly. I used a little one as I wanted everything to stay proportional. 


I toiled over a title to put into the mini bookplate and I remembered that in my last fairy piece I went with "believe". Well,  thanks to Tim Holtz I had a "believe" left, and yippey it fit in there too! 


Here you can see the banner I cut out and some butterflies I also cut from the Prima paper. You can also get a good look at the Rock Candy Crackle Paint I added to the front panel.

I hope I've inspired you to do a little off the page creation today. Remember to stop by the store and check out all the new stuff, or stop by on Facebook or the blog for some daily inspiration!

Items Used:

Gina's Designs Products 

Next up is Veronica with more Mardi Gras fun to share!


Welcome Friends! I am so pleased to share another lovely project created from the Gina's Designs Mask Shapes Set. I just loved decorating one of her Mask Designs. It truly reminded me of an old Masquerade Ball as I was decorating it. I was humming different waltz  tunes in my head the whole time.
 
 A very simple project...all that's needed is lace and feathers, some pretty flower embellishments and Self-Adhesive Pearls from Prima.
 I covered the mask first with some Prima's Lyric Collection paper, a very lovely black lace design.
 I added some lace from my collection.....never can have too much lace!
I got a the stick from and old American Flag used for the Fourth of July, and inked it black to create that Victorian era feel for a Masquerade Mask.   Shall we Dance?

   Thank you so much for taking a look!
   Blessings to you and Yours!


Scrapbook paper by Prima - The Lyric Collection
Prima -Say It In Pearls - Self-Adhesive Embellishments
Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black
Beacon 3-in-1 Glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...