Monday, February 17, 2014

A Layout by Shanna and an Altered Canvas by Veronica

First up is Shanna with a gorgeous mixed media layout which she also created for our February sketch challenge.  


Happy Monday everyone. Shanna here with a creative, bright and fun layout for you using the new February Sketch Challenge which can be found here!

I loved creating this with bright colors as the photo was so bright!


I gave the Texture Sheet and the Feather a good coat of gesso. Then on the Diamond Sheet I went to town with some Dylusion Sprays. 


I used some Prima Chalk Ink on the Birds.


And finished it out with this fun title. 


Items Used:
Feather Shape Set



Next up is Veronica with more mixed media technique on this lovely canvas entitled  "She Understood The Need For Change".


What a lovely morning! I can hardly believe that this month is nearly over! Time flies so quickly especially when it's spent working on fun creative projects!
Today I'm sharing an altered canvas that I created for a friend.  She cried when I gave it to her.. not my intent...but I think she liked it just the same.
Gina's Designs carries a wide assortment of Dress Form Shapes and I use them every chance I get! I love, love, love them and will most likely have them in a lot of the projects that I do. They just remind me of a simpler, elegant time. The Victorian Age....it's my passion!
I am also a big fan of Julie Nutting's Prima Doll tags, as they go so well with Gina's dress forms.
 I have just this past year gotten into the mixed media craze!  I have always just simply stayed with my paper projects, working on layouts or cards. I was always afraid, or just not confident enough, to let this side of me show too! Because....all it truly is...is expressing the inner you.  I began by applying soft colors of acrylic paint, my favorite sprays....then just kept layering! I have bubble wrap impressions on the background...and one of my favorite touches is an torn piece of pattern paper from my stash that I got last summer at a garage sale. I think it's the perfect touch with Gina's Dress Forms!
 
To color the Dress Form,  I simply inked it with Black Ink, and then embossed it with Antiquities Rust by Ranger to give it an old metal look. It's a pretty neat effect!
So that's my view on working with mixed media onto canvas. I hope you enjoyed taking a look as much as I enjoyed making it. 
Thanks for stopping by, and Blessings to you and yours!


Other Items used:
8x4 Canvas Board from your local craft store.
Americana Acrylic Paints:
French Vanilla 
Cobalt Blue
Copic Markers:
G94
E74
R20
Distressed Inks By Ranger:
Crushed Olive
Rusty Hinge
Memento Ink:
Tuxedo Black


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...