Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wall art by Kathi and a Valentine birdhouse by Marfa

Today we have two very different projects to share with you.  First up is Kathi with a really fun altered wall art piece featuring dress forms, doilies, corsets and sewing themed items.  Kathi has combined many of the chipboard shapes available in the store with vintage laces, trims, paper folding and paint techniques to create a truly unique project.  Here she is to tell you more about her project.

Kathi here today to share a dress form wall art project, full of vintage details, that was so much fun to create!

Each compartment was decorated using different shapes, techniques, and textures

This dress form was painted with white gesso, backed with a steampunk doily,  then glue & seal was applied

 
Fun details include wrapping the spool with mauve floss & threading it through the needle

After painting the corset with black gesso, I covered it with black lace for lots of texture, then added some black trim.  To find out more on how I have finished my chipboard pieces, and with details and techniques on each section please visit my blog.

  Gina's Designs Products:








Next up today is Marfa to share an altered birdhouse in a Valentine theme.


Hi Beautiful!  This is Crafting Marfa today, bringing you a gift I've made for my mom.  Her birthday is coming up in a couple of days, so I decided to surprise her with this little altered birdhouse.  I wasn't really sure how I wanted to decorate it, but sometimes you just have to sit back and listen to your heart, stop thinking, and just go with the creative flow.  It doesn't always work, and that's OK, but other times you end up with something you really love.

I used some adorable chipboard shapes by Gina's Designs.  The fairy, the hearts and the swans are all from chipboard sets that are available in the store.  I painted them with a gold paint marker, covered them with Crackle Accents, and embellished them with Liquid Pearls.  I LOVE Liquid Pearls :-D  I covered the swans with a product that I had never used before, called Snow Tex.  I don't know where this product has been all my life!  If you haven't used it before, check it out!  The button and the flower are by Prima.  For the roof and the bottom of the house I used pretty, sparkly paper by The Robin's Nest.  The finishing touch was a little crafts bird hiding behind the fairy.











Gina's Designs Supplies:


Other supplies:

Crackle Accents
Gold paint
Liquid Pearls
Snow Tex
Craft bird
Acrylic Paint
Prima Flower
Prima Button





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...