Friday, January 3, 2014

Valentine Love Wall Hanging by Kim

Hello Everyone, and Happy New Year to you! Now that the holidays are over, we can start to think about what is coming up next, which is Valentine's Day. I love this time of year and Gina's Designs has paired up with The Robin's Nest to bring to you some great creations by the two Design Teams. 
In keeping with the Valentines Day theme, I have created this super cute Love Wall Art hanging, a fun creation to mark the occasion for that special someone in your life.


The Love Pieces are new from Gina's Store, and I had tons of fun using them to create this wall hanging. I used The Robin's Nest Papers as background on it and also on the little red hearts, from Gina's Valentine Shape Set, you will see mingled in as well.


Once I covered the background with the papers, I layered on the pieces from the Love set. I also used some of Gina's Intricate Doilies  on the "L" and the "E". On the "O" and the "V" I attached some of Gina's newly designed wings from the Wings Assortment Set.

I used various embossing powders to bring out some texture in the piece and some vintage laces from my stash, and four white roses in each corner to frame up the wall hanging.

Here you can see above a close up of one of the new Wings from the Wing Assortment Set, which I embossed and layered with some metal findings from my stash. Then I added one of the little hearts from Gina's Valentine Shape Set, to which I added more of the Robin's Nest Paper.

Above here you can see one of the Intricate Doilies I used to layer under the letter L. I have embossed the edges to give a shabby look and the number 14 is from The Robin's Nest Glittered Alpha and Numbered Sticker Set.

The Corrugated Cardboard from the Love set was so fun to work with, I gave it a light coat of Gesso then added various embossing powders in pinks and gold to pink up the tones in the letters and Wings.

And lastly, above here you can see some of the Robin's Nest paper behind the layers of the Love set and a little metal crown from my stash which I also embellished with some shabby white embossing Powder, and again another of the gorgeous doilies from Gina's Store with some embossing around the edges.

I hope you like what I have created for you today! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Items Used from Gina's Shop

Other items used
Paper & Glitter Numbers from The Robin's Nest
Metal Findings and lace from my stash
Wild Orchid Crafts White Roses
Lindy's  Stamp Gang Hibiscus Rose Orange Embossing Powder
Stampendous Shabby White and Shabby Pink Embossing Powder
Metal Wings and Key from Craftsupplies1 on Etsy





5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...