Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More fun with Gina's Designs and The Robin's Nest from Kathi and Kim

We have two Valentine projects up today, as our January cross-promotional with The Robin's Nest continues.  First up we have a layout called "Too Cute" by Kathi.

Hi!, Kathi here to share a simple yet elegant layout using  paper from The Robin's Nest Wild About U collection, and two of the new home decor items from Gina's Designs created especially for Valentine's Day projects.  I chose to decorate my project with the "Valentine Stripe"paper which I flipped to the solid side and then added a 11/2 inch punched border at the bottom using the striped side.

Front Full View
The heart frame was distressed with distress ink

 I added Prima flowers and used the sticker sheet from The Robin's Nest for the names.


Lock & Key with Steampunk Doilies from Gina's Designs

 Paper from "Daisyd" with Prima flower layered over a Steampunk doily.

Supplies Used:
Gina's Designs



Prima Flowers
Distress Ink - Fire Brick & Walnut Stain
Paper by "Carta Bella by Devoted" & Diasyd 
Metallic Rub on - Silver
EK Success Punch - "Abstract Flower Edge"


Next up we have Kim to share more Valentine's Day fun!


Hi Everyone, Kim here! I hope you are all ready for Valentines Day! Today I'm sharing a card I have created in a masculine style that's perfect for the man in your life.
This is going to be given to my husband, who loves gadgets and tools.  I had a lot of fun creating it using the Robin's Nest Wild about U Paper and some wonderful Steampunk goodies from Gina's Designs.
 Here you can see I have layered one of the Steampunk doilies with one of the new Steampunk hearts and then placed one of the clock keys from the Steampunk 2 Shape Set on top. In the corner I placed the light bulb from the same set which I embossed,  and then I placed a heart from the Valentine Shape Set inside the bulb.
 I have spelled out "Me & You" with wooden letters from my stash and put the ampersand in one of Gina's Gears from the Gear Shape Set. I used a metal clip at the top, attached a chain and added some fun tool charms from my stash to complete the front of the card.
 Inside the card I placed a large journaling label from The Robin's Nest and cut out some fun heart shapes with my heart punch, using more paper from the Wild about U collection.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and Happy Valentine's Day!


Other Items Used
Metal corners from Butterbeescraps
metal love sentiment,clips and tool charms from my stash
Wood letters from my stash.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...