Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Double Layout by Kathi and a Wall Hanging by Angela

It's Kathi here to share a double layout I created by pairing Gina's Designs chipboard shapes and The Robin's Nest papers.  The title of this layout is "I'm So Glad My Heart Found You".


The papers I used were the "Dark Distress Red", and "Classic Roses" from the Wild About U Collection.  Our Gina's Designs Valentine themed chipboard shapes are a perfect fit to go with the papers.  I used the lips & the fancy heart from the Valentine Shape Set, and  added a string along heart to the left side of the photo mat and I used two pieces from The Robin's Nest embellishment page by cutting out the fancy journaling spot that goes with the paper collection. To the left side of the layout I placed a tall valentines card that was given to his wife. A few months after Feb 14 his life was cut short due to a freak accident while on vacation. The sentiment said "I'm so glad my heart found you",  Love Cliff. I then framed the layout so she can hang it on her wall.

This is the second page of the layout. I used the paper "Valentine Hearts" & "Classic Roses" on this one. The tag is from the embellishment page. From Gina's Store I used the Cupids from the "Cupid Shape Set". Both were painted with white gesso then stamped with Fire Brick Red Distress Ink using music notes. The love sign was also painted with white gesso. I placed a red piece of paper behind the sign & placed it on the tag.  The three hearts from the "Valentine Shape Set" were prepared using embossing ink and UTEE.
The string along love is out of the "String Along - Hearts".  I painted it red then white/clear glitter was added. I then added a 4 X 6 photo mat & a large wooden heart. The large heart was raised up using foam dots in order to insert a photo behind.  The red heart inside is removable to use as a template to size the photo to slip behind the heart. 


For lots more closeups please visit my blog HERE.

Gina's Designs:
Sting Along - Hearts




Hi its Angela here with a wall hanging I created with my Prima Doll Stamp


For a more detailed description of how I created this please visit my blog
Gina's Designs Supplies:
Fern Fronds
Delicate Frames & Ornaments Shape Set
Other Supplies:
Chocolate Baroque Stamps
Prima Doll Stamp
WOW embossing powders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...