Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Shabby Chic Vintage Create Banner by Kim

Hello Everyone, Kim here today to share my latest project with you! Now that the Holiday Season is upon us, its time to get thinking of some unique gift giving ideas, and this Create Banner by Gina's Designs is definitely one of them!


It was so much fun to make this, and for someone who is creative and crafty this would make a great banner to hang in a craft room or office.


The banner itself comes with 3 parts to each piece, the back piece, the top piece and the individual letters. I have kept the banner in a lovely shabby chic style and used some antique lace, and vintage material to create the flowers you see at each end of the banner.

Below here you can see some of Gina's other pieces I have added here the Steampunk Dressform, which I painted and embossed, keeping in the same vintage colour tones.



Here you can see the letter R, which has the Fashion Cameo in the corner there, which I have altered with some homemade texture paste, paint and the background is stamped and embossed with a script stamp. You also can see a close up of the vintage doily and the antique laces at the top and sides, which are from my stash.

I have used another Fashion Cameo and perfume bottle from Gina's on the letter E, the Perfume bottle is from the Parisian Shape Set.

 The last letter in create, is this E, and again, I have used a few more pieces of the great chipboard pieces from Gina's. The Eiffel Tower you can see done in the same style as the Dressforms. With paint and embossing powder, you can really change the look of these pieces. The Fleur De Lis at the top centre here is painted white and embossed with white glitter. I have also added one of my handmade flowers, the rolled rose on the right hand side, with a little paper flower in the middle.

 Here is another of my handmade flowers, I have used some vintage muslin to create this and then added a flower to the centre and some seam binding in a beige tone. There is one of these flowers at each end of the banner
Here is a close up of one of the Fashion Cameos I altered, I really love these, they really add a vintage flair to a project.
 
 Below here is one of Gina's Words and Phrases 1 Set, the word Dream is covered in some texture paste and I used some distress ink around the edges and added a bit of glitter to it to make it shine.

 And finally here is another of my favorite pieces, it is the Penny Farthing, Antique Bike set, I really love these bikes they are so much fun to alter, and I have continued the same look on this with the paint and embossing powder.

I really hope you like my project today, it was a lot of fun to "create" and I am sending this off as a gift to a friend, so I am excited for her to receive it.  Thanks for stopping by!

Items used from Gina's Designs

Other items used in this Project
Martha Stewart Paint "Putty"
Ranger Embossing Powders
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Wood Sentiments from my Stash
Vintage and Antique laces and trims from my stash
Butterbeescraps Metal Filigree Pieces
Tim Holtz Distress Inks Frayed Burlap & Vintage Photo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...