Saturday, October 19, 2013

Altered Autumn Birdhouse

I love Autumn.  Even though I don't get a real Autumn feel here in Miami, I still enjoy the activities, the decorations and I watch a lot of photos online...LOL  As you know by now if you have been following my blog for a while, I love to alter birdhouses.  This is one of those little wooden ones.  It is the newest addition to my collection. 

To decorate it, I used the Fall Shapes Set by Gina's Designs.  It has some A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E shapes!  I covered the apples with acrylic paint and then I used Ultra Thick Embossing Powder for dimension and shine.  I did the same with the leaves and the squirrels.  But on the apples I did several layers, while on the other shapes I only did one layer of UTEE.  I created the windows using the bookplates set.  They look like the perfect little window frames...lol  Of course, there was a lot of glitter and I used sequins as tiles.  For flowers I used chipboard gears.  OK, so gears don't really jump at you as flowers, but that's where you have to use your imagination!  Scroll down for a list of products and for a short video where I show you more details!












Supplies:

Chipboard by Gina's Designs:  Fall Shape Set,  Bookplates Set,   Gears Borders and Corners

Birdhouse

Sequins

Glitter

Trim

Ultra Thick Embossing Powder

Acrylic Paint



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...