Saturday, July 6, 2013

House Mini Display Tray by Marfa

This is Marfa, bringing you this display tray in the shape of a house, by Gina's Designs.  The mini display trays are brand new to Gina's Store and I am excited to be premiere my project with them on the blog. I am a mixed media artist and I love putting stuff together that don't necessarily jump at you right off the start.  This is one of those projects :-D

For this project I used a variety of materials.  Glitter, beads, Tim Holtz Crackle paint, ink sprays, acrylic paint, triple thick and fabric lace trim.  I also looked through my stash of leftover odds and ends and found some pewter words, a pewter heart, a brad with the word love on it, and a button.There are lots, and LOTS of layers of paint, watered down gesso and ink sprays.  I covered the layered star with Lumiere paint for a shiny, metallic look.  I really love how that turned out.  I left a space next to the big yellow flowers for displaying photos and other things.



Supplies Used:


Tim Holtz Crackle Paint
Lumiere Paint
Prima Flowers
Webster's Pages and Martha Stewart Lace Trim
Self adhesive pearls and found items.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, and I love how you photographed this with the foliage in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, we would love you to join in our challenge this month if your up for it over at Creative Craft Cottage. The theme is "Things with Bling".

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...