Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New York City layout by Dawn Rene


Hello! Dawn Rene here today! This week the design team is creating projects using chipboard shapes from "Nancy's Garden Collection."

I selected the "Lamp Posts 1" to use in my layout. However, instead of using the lamp posts in a garden setting - I decided to use the lamp posts on a city street! So I added the lamp posts on my two page layout of my visit to New York City last year.

I also included Gina's Designs Geometric Corner chipboard shapes which were made exclusively for the Scraps of Darkness kit club. I added the silver faux typerwriter keys as well (which I love)!

I covered the lamp posts and the geometric corners with Tattered Angles "Naturally Aged Paint System - Bare Metal." I recently purchased Viva Decor Inka Gold - Hematite, so I added a little bit of the Viva Decor Inka Gold in Hematite on top of the Tattered Angles mists to try it out. Have you used the Viva Decor Inka Gold before? It is so smooth and creamy - it goes on easily and covers the chipboard very well. But it is very messy if you use your fingers - next time I will use a wet one to apply it!

NYC Layout - GD DDR 2P


NYC Layout - GD DDR 1

NYC Layout - GD DDR 2

NYC Layout - GD DDR CU1      NYC Layout - GD DDR CU2      NYC Layout - GD DDR CU3


Supplies Used
* Gina's Design - Geometric Shapes (Scraps of Darkness March 2013 Kit)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing layout love the coloring on the chipboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout. I love the colors, details, and the coloring of the chippies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...