Since I was itching for a little mixed media I decided to paint my display case and albums but I'm thinking that it would also be fun to alter this piece with scrapbooking paper.
I started off by covering the surfaces with music sheets and Mod Podge.
I sanded some of the rougher edges.
Covered the whole thing with gesso.
Added some bold colors of paint.
Stamped on some scraps of paper.
Cut my images out.
Added some texture by randomly stamping all over the case.
Adhered my flowers with Mod Podge.
Added more paint!
Painted the edges black.
Ripped some stems and leaves out of scraps of paper.
Outlined my stems and leaves with a green Big Brush Marker.
And Outlined all my flowers with a black pen.
I did much of the same on the albums but I haven't finished the inside yet. That will have to be for another day!